Báte, Báte. Chocoláte.
Is there anything better than chocolate?
I have a love/hate relationship with chocolate.
I love ANYTHING made with it. I hate that I have no willpower when it comes to just about any chocolatey gooey confection.
I can walk past just about any dessert. I can take or leave a fruit pie. But if there’s chocolate involved I may or may not have been known to knock over small children to get (mine!) my fair share.
Today I have a recipe that is the quintessential chocolate-lovers dessert.
But be warned. This is a relationship that is not to be entered into lightly. In fact, there’s nothing “light” about it.
6 eggs (separate whites and yolks)
1 12 oz. Pkg. Nestlé’s semi-sweet chocolate chips (reserve a few for topping)
2 sticks butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1. Melt the butter and chocolate chips together. This can be done on top of the stove in a double boiler, or in a microwave oven for about 1 1/2 minutes.
2. Stir the melted chocolate and melted butter together until smooth.
3. Whip the egg whites into a fluffy meringue.
4. When the meringue starts to peak, add the sugar, bit by bit.
5. Fold in the egg yolks.
6. Add the (warm) chocolate mixture and the vanilla to the meringue.
7. Gently blend together until it is completely mixed.
8. Pour into a serving bowl or individual cups.
9. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
10. Decorate with chocolate chips.
Do you love chocolate as much as I do?