Contest Closed…See comments section for the winners names. We will upload the drawing video to YouTube.
Thank you to the generous companies who donated goods for this giveaway!
Welcome to the ¿Vege-Que? Series Giveaway: products that support el sabor of healthy living and that we’ll giveaway during this special Healthy Eating Week on the Tiki Tiki.
Please be sure to visit the brands, books and sites mentioned and read the entry requirements carefully.
Three winners will each receive one of each of the following from Imusa USA, a popular Hispanic housewares brand with a beautiful assortment of Latin-inspired pots, kitchen gadgets and small appliances. IMUSA products are available online and at retailers such as Target, Macy’s, Walmart and Amazon.
- A cast aluminum tortilla press, retail value, $29.99
- A bamboo toston (plantain) press, retail value, $15.99
- A 6-cup coffee maker, retail value, $14.99
- A set of colorful salsa dishes, $5.99
- A 4.8 quart caldero, retail $29.99.
Total gift value: $96.95
Two winners will each receive a copy of Viva Vegan! by Terry Hope Romero from the publisher, DaCapo Lifelong Books.
The book includes mouth-watering recipes for everything from empanadas to vegetable ceviche, churros and more. There’s also a wonderful shopping resource list and menu plans.
Romero is a well-known voice for promoting veganism, and she has authored some wonderful cookbooks on the subject. You can visit her site, Vegan Latina, and look for a Tiki Tiki interview this coming Thursday.
Healthy Snacks to Go
Three winners will each receive a copy of Healthy Snacks to Go by Katie Kimball, publisher of Kitchen Stewardship,
Latin Heat Spices
Three winners will each receive: one EatStrong Trail Mix and one EatStrong Energy Bar. They’re newly launched. The trail mix has walnuts, cashews, pistachios and almonds and works great in cereal, smoothie or on its own. The energy bars have organic chocolate drops in flax, sunflower and hemp seeds.
How To Win
- To enter, leave a comment in this post and in one other Vege-Que week essay.
- Failure to do so, will disqualify you. (It’s as easy as leaving a thoughtful, relevant comment in an essay, and coming over to tell us you did it in this post.)
- Winners will be chosen at random and the prizes will be awarded in the order they are listed. So, for example, the first random drawing will be for the IMUSA cookware, the second for the Viva Vegan book and so forth.
- There will be a total of 11 winners.
- Only one win is allowed, so if the same winning number is drawn twice, another spin will be had and another winner will be chosen.
- The products will be delivered by the companies and the ebooks will be sent to the winners via e-mail.
- You must live in the continental United States to enter.
- Deadline is at midnight CST, April 18. Winners will be announced within 24 hours and notified in the blog post and via e-mail.
- Winners have 72-hours to respond, or their prizes will be awarded to another winner.
Good luck and spread the word!
Links will be added each day:
Today: Intro post on the Series and The Joy of Being Flexitarian.
Tuesday: Roxanna Buil of The Yuca Diaries writes about the joy of discovering new vegetables and global flavors. Recipe: Spicy Eggplant Szechuan.
Wednesday: Lucia Lopez Plunkett, a California psychotherapist, on becoming vegetarian after her 2-year-old daughter was diagnosed with cancer. Recipe: “Te Quiero Dicen las Lentejas” soup.
Thursday: A Tiki Tiki interview with Terry Hope Romero, the author of Viva Vegan!, a delicious Latin-inspired collection of recipes. She shares her recipes for Arroz con Seitan, Un-dulce Leche and Seitan, a great meat substitute.
Friday: Yvonne Condes of Yvonne in LA cooks delicious gluten-free meals at home. Recipe: Green Chile Tamales.
Saturday: Daniela Garcia, a writer and publisher of That Mexican Girl, on when your mom owns a Mexican restaurant and you’re a vegetarian. Recipe: Vegetable Quesadillas.
Sunday: Links to favorite healthy food sites, recipes, resources and book suggestions. Giveaway winner announced in the giveaway post on Tuesday April 19.
Spread the Word
Please help us spread the word by using your social media power. Use the easy buttons below to share in your favorite way whether by e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, lo que sea.
Gracias and good luck!
Disclosure: I received a free copy of Viva Vegan and Healthy Snacks to go, but no other compensation or free products listed in this giveaway. The book links are affiliates, which means the Tiki Tiki gets a commission if a reader purchases the book from the link.