Looking Back at 2010 – A Quiz
I am already looking towards the new year and all the hope and promise a Happy, Shiny New Year brings. But before I start making resolutions, I think it’s important to look back and evaluate this past year. Here are a few thoughtful questions that I’ve answered. I invite you to get a little introspective and do the same.
1. How is your life different today compared to a year ago? How is it the same? Different: My youngest are teenagers and are not home as much as they used to be. I’m feeling a little empty-nestish, and I have much more time to myself. The same: I still spend way too much time online.
2. What do you wish would have been different this past year? I felt like I spent a lot of time reacting to situations thrown in my direction. I wish I had been more personally pro-active.
3. How did 2010 live up to your expectations? I had hoped to travel in 2010 and I did a lot of that.
4. If you could go back in time to January of 2010 and live this year over again, would you? Yes. I went through many changes and many emotions, not all were positive. But I would still embrace the experiences.
5. What are your top favorite memories from the past year?
- I helped put together my daughter’s production of Fiddler on the Roof and I got to design costumes and paint sets and backdrops of my own design. It was quite stretching and a very affirming way of using my talents.
- We spent a glorious week on vacation at the beach. It was pretty much perfection all around.
- Getting to bake in the Betty Crocker Kitchens was a big highlight for me.
6. What is on your “wish list” for the coming year? I am looking forward to doing some home improvements this year as well as some personal improvements. I hope to be doing much more writing and experimenting with new versions of old recipes. I know just enough film editing to be dangerous, I plan to learn to edit more professionally – to that end, I’m taking an editing class. I have neglected my garden because I’ve had such an outward focus, so I plan to spend much more time digging in the dirt.
And of course, I have high hopes that there will be a lot more dulce de leche in the coming year.
Now it’s your turn: Answer all or just a few of the questions. Just copy and paste into the comment section with your own answers. Don’t be shy. We want to know.
Let’s get the Tiki Tiki started!