Menu Monday – Quick and easy. I mean it.
Do you ever find yourself picking up those mini cookbooks at the checkout line in the grocery store?
You know the ones. The titles always promise “quick and easy.” But (and you can just trust me on this) they don’t always deliver.
Today I have a recipe that is both quick and easy, but also especially brilliant in its simplicity.
You’re going to say: “Wow! That’s so easy! Why didn’t I think of that?” And then you’re going to run out and get the (3!) ingredients and make it right away.
If you do make it (and I know you’re going to), please leave a comment and let me know how much you loved it.
Trust me. I know stuff. ;-)
- 2 large Haas avocado (the kind with the bumpy black skin)
- Half of a 12 oz. jar of cocktail sauce
- 1 fresh lemon
1. Cut the avocados into bite-size cubes.
2. In a shallow bowl, squeeze 1/2 of the lemon over the avocado cubes.
3. Pour cocktail sauce over the cubed avocados and gently mix together. They should be lightly coated, not drowned. =D
4. Chill for about an hour and serve in individual cups with lemon wedges.
5. Makes about 6 servings.
Do you have a quick-and-easy-why-didn’t-I-think-of-that? recipe. Please share.